Capital Funding Group Has Record-Setting Year – Financing More Than $3.8 Billion in 2021￼
CFG More Than Doubled Company’s 2020 Annual Financing Totals
Capital Funding Group (CFG) leads the industry in closing a record number of high volume of deals in 2021. Today the company announced a record-setting end of year milestone, financing more than $3.8 billion in 2021, executing 155 deals across the nation. Continuing to support the long-term care, assisted living and multifamily industries during these challenging times, CFG financed 85 HUD loan in excess of $720 million and 70 healthcare and multifamily bridge loans in excess of $3.1 billion.
Throughout 2021, CFG continued expanding its business and diversified its portfolio into the multifamily and seniors housing sectors, a natural extension of its already significant presence in the long-term care industry. CFG’s multifamily division provides senior loan and mezzanine financing services to the multifamily housing industry, supporting several HUD-insured multifamily loan programs. CFG’s seniors housing division provides senior loan and mezzanine financing services to the seniors housing industry, consisting of active adult for seniors, independent living, assisted living and memory care facilities.
“We could not be more excited to share these record-setting results as we continue to grow our business to support our client’s goals and dreams,” said CFG Chairman and Sole Owner Jack Dwyer. “We are entrepreneurial in everything we do and are always looking for ways to to expand and create and customized solutions to meet our client’s needs. Our personal approach to client care and tenacious, one-stop shop approach to lending is a powerful combination that delivers success for our clients others can’t match. We look forward to another successful year ahead!”
A list of select transactions closed in 2021 includes:
- $650 milion bridge loan, representing the largest single financing deal the company has executed in 10 years
- $285 million bridge loan for the acquisition of a 16-facility portfolio in the Mid-Atlantic
- $263 million bridge loan for the refinancing of a 3,140-bed facility spanning Colorado, California and Wyoming
- $180 million bridge loan for the acquisition of a 2,000-unit multifamily portfolio in the Southeast
- $89 million bridge loan for the refinancing of a 239-bed facility in Queens, NY
- $56 million bridge loan for the acquisition of three facilities, with a combined 609 beds, in Illinois
- $15 million term loan for the acquisition of a 204-bed facility in Indiana
- $13 million HUD loan for the refinancing of a 92-bed facility in San Francisco, California
- $8 million senior loan and $1 million in mezzanine financing for two facilities in Kansas City, Kansas
To support the company’s growth and new divisions, CFG promoted long-time insider Erik Howard to executive managing director of business development and marketing and promoted industry-veteran Ken Assiran to lead the seniors housing lending platform. CFG also hired Elizabeth Buckalew to head its multifamily efforts and promoted Craig Casagrande and Tim Eberhardt to be co-heads of its long-term care business development group.
About Capital Funding Group (www.capfundinc.com)
Capital Funding Group is a full-service provider of comprehensive financing solutions for healthcare facilities nationwide, focusing on the long-term care, assisted living and hospital sectors. Headquartered in Baltimore, Maryland, CFG is known as a one-stop shop for healthcare facility owners and operators, with expertise in HUD loans, bridge lending, working capital loans and commercial banking services through the CFG family of companies.
About Capital Funding, LLC
Capital Funding, LLC, a subsidiary of CFG Bank, is the national leader in the bridge lending and FHA-insured mortgage industry, specializing in Section 232 mortgages through the LEAN program. CFG Bank is an Equal Housing Lender. Member FDIC.